It has been wonderful in the past couple of weeks to see our wellbeing team grow by an extra staff member. Rebecca Sharkey (not the politician!) brings some great expertise to our team and I have asked her to briefly introduce herself:

“Hello, my name is Rebecca and I am the new school Psychologist at Westminster. The majority of my experience has been with children, adolescents, and families, and I have worked in places including Headspace, Autism QLD, and a paediatric sleep clinic. I completed my Masters in Clinical Psychology last year, and am very excited to be in this new position! Originally I’ve come from Ireland, but have been living in Australia for almost ten years. I’m new to Adelaide and love it! I live here with my husband and two daughters. If you are around the campus, call in for a cup of tea and a chat!”

Rebecca’s role adds further support to the model that we have structured our wellbeing approach on. As you can see in the following diagram, the largest bulk of our time is spent in preventative approaches, by helping students to keep well and flourish. It is important also, to respond to needs that exist by managing risk and illness, and Rebecca assists us across each of these areas through being available for counselling and contributing to our wellbeing program. It is important to note that Rebecca’s role is not intended for learning assessments, but for counselling support. If you need support for your student from either Rebecca or myself, please make contact through me in the first instance.

Liz Collins
Head of Wellbeing
Email
T 08 8276 0395