Another busy term comes to a close!

Almost the end of Term 2! Although it was a relatively short term, it has proven to be an extremely busy and productive one. From a Round Square perspective, we have been involved in a number of different Service activities, been busy organising more Exchange visits for Term 3, and preparing for our involvement in the Round Square International Conference in Canada at the end of September. Some activities planned for Term 3 include Year 8 Regional Exchanges, continued support of Resthaven and Foodbank, as well as fundraising activities and support organised by the Round Square Board. I will keep you posted about these in future eNews articles.

Being Round Square and Exchanges Coordinator gives me a great opportunity to work with a number of new students and families every year and allows me to challenge myself every day with the variety of areas that make up Round Square. Whilst I am looking forward to our July break, I am also excited about some of the opportunities coming up for Round Square in Terms 3 and 4. Thank you for your continued support over the first semester.

International Exchanges for Term 3

Incoming Exchange students

We have five students coming to us during Term 3 on Exchange, I will write more about their visits in future eNews articles. We welcome the following students to Westminster during Term 3:

• Lucy Colbert - Cobham School, UK, hosted by Amy McDonald (Year 10 Forder), arriving Tuesday 17 July
  • Matthew Whitfield - Athenian School, USA, hosted by Kurt Schenk (Year 10 Fereday), arriving Tuesday 24 July
  • Chiara Longoni - Italy, hosted by Claire Rose (Year 10 Dunstan), arriving Tuesday 24 July
  • Holly Maycock - Abbotsholme School, UK, hosted by Chloe Short (Year 11 Heaslip), arriving Tuesday 31 July
  • Genevieve Lau - Bermuda Girls HS, Bermuda, hosted by Emily Nolis (Year 10 Clark), arriving Monday 6 August

Outgoing Exchange students

Several of our Westminster students will be heading off on Exchange next term. We wish them all the best and look forward to hearing more about their adventures in the near future.

• Erin Hastie (Year 10 Carter) is going to Beaconhurst School, UK, departing Wednesday 8 August
  • Sughi Victor (Year 10 Clark) is going to Chadwick School, South Korea, departing Saturday 25 August
  • Amy McDonald (Year 10 Forder) is going to Cobham School, UK, departing Saturday 1 September
  • Tamsin Conway (Year 10 Jeffries) is going to Birklehof Schule, Germany, departing Thursday 6 September

Round Square Website

I know I have been harping on about this but perhaps in the holidays when you have more time, you might like to have a good look at the Round Square website. Remember, it is easy to register for the website and you can do so as a staff member or a friend of Round Square. Just click on Login in the top right hand corner of the website (http://www.roundsquare.org)

From there just click below the word Login, to register.

Students can access the website using the following details:

Username: Students
Password: RoundSquare2015

Round Square on Facebook

You may be interested to know that Round Square also has a Facebook page!

You can check it out here - https://www.facebook.com/r0undsquare

Anyone interested in finding out more information about conferences, or any other Round Square initiative should contact me via Email if in the Senior School, or contact Mr Chris Haines via Email if you are in the Preparatory School.

Julia Chukwuani
Round Square and Exchanges Coordinator